Friday, March 28, 2014

Shortcomings

.
 
Shortcomings
Many times we are looking for and trying to find shortcomings in others, to prove them wrong because that tends to make us feel better about ourselves, and it strokes our little egos. That is due to faulty programming that we have received while we were growing up; it is a learned behavior. In essence we feel that it makes us look better to show up others shortcomings, but that proves how weak we are and not how strong we think we are. That is as wrong as wrong can get. Why? Because all of us are one; in pointing out the faults in another, we are actually pointing out our faults and shortcomings. We must learn to care for each other as if others are ourselves. It is said that we should do unto others, as we would have them do unto us. That is not one religions truth it is Universal Truth.

Writing about this has brought me to my situation at hand once again. I had not planned on going in this direction in these scripted words but this is where I am being led from within my spirit. As some who are reading this know, I have been diagnosed with stage three rectal cancer and I am in need of money for treatment. Some have said my situation is my fault, and others should not have to bail me out for what I caused. I could go into all of the detail on how I got in this position, however I won’t go into all of the detail right now. If I could have afforded health insurance I would have gotten it. Actually my plan was working towards getting it in the very near future. However, the cancer appeared before I could implement my plan. If you saw a man lying in the street that had been hit by a car, would you leave him there to die because he was jaywalking? The average person with just a little compassion in their heart would not do such a thing. Well, this is like an accident that has befallen me and I need the help of my sisters and brothers who are passing by.

I have a very dear friend of mine of many years, who was upset over the amount of help I have received. She is African American/Black and she came from this point of view. We as a people have a problem; we do not know how to come to the aid of our brothers and sisters. We sit back and say, it is not my problem, or they should have prepared for times such as this. She pointed out that if everyone gave five dollars, the goal I am reaching for would have been met in no time at all; and I must agree with her. She also said that when other races are faced with similar situations, they come together as a community and help each other. This would not be so paramount if it were not a life and death situation. Some feel that I am better and there is nothing to worry about because I am at home now. Yes I am at home because I did not have the money to continue to stay in the hospital. I am still very sick, even though I am at home, and it is still a life or death situation I am dealing with. I had to stop writing this for a while because I was in pain. Do you understand what I am going through?

I must say that it is not just my African American/Black sisters and brothers who don’t understand the utter importance of this; it is many of my sisters and brothers of humanity that know about my situation. Are we our sisters and brothers keeper? Many would quickly answer no to that question. Nonetheless, the correct answer to that is yes, we are our sisters and brothers keeper, and that is because each and everyone of us are one; we are one big human family, and what affects one affects the entire family. Below is a bible scripture that relates to this very subject.


Luke 7 ~  New Testament

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”


I am not one who believes in eternal punishment and hell like most traditional christians, but I do believe that there is a price to pay for not doing that which we are called to do, and we are called to help each other when we can. I know that times are hard for many, however as I stated before, if you can only afford to give a single dollar, every donation helps no matter how small it may be. Due to the fact that this is a life or death situation, I must continue to ask for assistance, as much as I do not want to. No matter what people say about me or how they judge me, I will continue as I am until I get what I need. As I do so I hope that you have compassion for me and the situation I find myself, and you donate something to this fund for my life, even if it is just one dollar. If it were you in the place that I am, without any question on how you got there I would be right there for you to help in as many ways as I possibly could. I hope and pray that you understand what I am saying and where I am coming from. Please do not allow this shortcoming to become the end of my life, or the end of life as I have come to know it. Your help is greatly needed now.

Please Assist Me With This Situation!


GoFundMe link to the page where you can donate to my treatment. Please share this link.

  
Baba Kundi Ma`at Shambhala
(Spiritwalker)
03.28.14








No comments:

Post a Comment