Saturday, May 24, 2014

Helping Hand

.

 
May 22, 2014 has been one of the most challenging days I have experienced since finding out that I had rectal cancer. I have come to find out that there are many who do not understand at all how difficult it is being told that you have cancer, and fully understanding that it is in fact a possible life or death situation. I have actually had people get upset with me because of the decisions I have made, especially my decision not to undergo chemo and radiation therapy. Maybe I would be like them if I had not experienced being with my adopted big sister and taking care of her for the last three months of her life. Guess what, my adopted big sister had rectal cancer also. I actually watched the chemo and radiation therapy drain her of every drop of life from hear precious body. I wish she was still here because I love and miss her loving and caring energy so much, also because of what she could share with me concerning what I am going through and experiencing with this condition called rectal cancer.
I am stressed out because I do not have the money to do that which I should be doing, and I do not have anyone here with me as a partner working through this with me. This is surely a lonely journey. Hey, I do not even have enough money to live on. Before this happened I was in the process of completely rebuilding my life financially, after being sick near to death back in 1995. I was miss diagnosed for seven years and was told that I had a reoccurring case of bleeding hemorrhoids; however what I had was actually ulcerative colitis; which is a case off sever ulcers in the intestine; in my case it was the entire large intestine. Since I was misdiagnose for such a long time, when I finally found out what was going on, I was told that my large intestine was too far gone to do anything outside of having it remove by surgery, which meant that I would be left with having to wear a pouch for the rest of my life. That sickness caused me to be in the hospital for four months, as well as over a year convalescing. After the operation I was out of work and had no income for a while. Because I was not able to work I fell behind on my child support payments. I was sure that I could deal with child support since I had a legitimate reason for not paying support, and I had notified them of being near death in the hospital. Well, when I was finally strong enough to get around on my own I drove to the court house to get everything straightened out, and I was locked up on the spot and placed in jail. However, I was fortunate enough that I was able to persuade them that what happened to me should warrant at least a little sympathy, and I was released after being in jail over eight hours.
To make a long story short I went through a lot of additional challenges from 1995 to 2014. I moved to Lynchburg Virginia and I was finally working a steady job once again, and I was living in a nice two bedroom apartment and was paying off my child support arrears. Then all of a sudden I find out that I have stage three rectal cancer. While I was in the hospital I was actually fired from my job. The day I came home from the hospital I was welcomed with a letter from my former employer notifying me that I had been fired due to their policy; a job would not be held for anyone longer than six weeks no matter what the reason. So here I am with no income and still deathly ill. I have applied for everything possible, and denied everything except for SSI, Supplemental Security Income, which is only $721.00 per month. My rent is $675.00n per month, which leaves me with less than $50.00 per month to cover all of my other expenses. I was denied disability, unemployment, and food stamps. How am I supposed to live? Well there are those who feel that I should have not been in the place I found myself for such to be able to happen. I am not saying that I could not have lived my life in a different way so that things could have worked out differently, but that is pure speculation. Sometimes things are going to happen the way that they do because there are valuable lessons that can only be learned by way of such adversity.  
It is taught that we have not because we ask not. Well, I am asking for help from you my sisters and brothers. Yet I am not asking for anything that I would not do for others if I could. I take full responsibility for everything I am dealing with in life, I do not blame anyone but myself for what I am experiencing. Nonetheless, sometimes we still need each other because we are one, we are family; we are connected by way of our eternal spirit and God The Creator. So I am asking you and everyone else to please help me through your prayers and financial donations. What many do not understand is this; if everyone gave just a few dollars, what they would waste on junk food in one day my needs would be met. As the old song says, I’m not too proud to beg. I am only asking of others that which I would do for them if they were in need of my help; that which I know we all are obligated to do for each other. Even though we may not biologically be family, we are connected in a much more profound and deeper way than we realize; we are eternally connected spiritually. The connection most are focused on is not our true eternal spiritual connection, that being the case means it is materially based, and that makes it temporary. I have noticed that people will give large amounts of money to care for and save animals, but they turn their backs on their human family. They do not understand the Universal Law of Reciprocity, the practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit. There is never a time when we give to another in need, that we are not blessed many times over what we gave; the more we give, the more we receive. We must get the concept of doing unto others, as we would have them do unto us.
If what I am doing offends you or upsets you in any way, I ask that you please forgive me for doing so. Nevertheless, I must and will continue to seek and ask for help with due respect as long as I need help. We never know what life will serve us. However, everything that is allowed to become a part of our life experience is surely designed in the way that it would further our spiritual growth, and also our further understanding of life. When someone asks you for some kind of assistance, first stop and think about how it would be if you were in that person’s shoes. We never know for sure what life has in store for us each day of our lives. No man or woman is an island; no man or woman stands alone.
One Source, One Love, Unconditional!

If you would like to donate, you can do so be clicking on the link for GoFundMe below.

http://www.gofundme.com/7ho5o0
 

Baba-Kundi Ma`at-Shambhala


No Man Is An Island
No man is an island,
No man stands alone,
Each man's joy is joy to me,
Each man's grief is my own.

We need one another,
So I will defend,
Each man as my brother,
Each man as my friend.

I saw the people gather,
I heard the music start,
The song that they were singing,
Is ringing in my heart.

No man is an island,
Way out in the blue,
We all look to the One above,
For our strength to renew.

When I help my brother,
Then I know that I,
Plant the seed of friendship,
That will never die.



No Man Is An Island








No comments:

Post a Comment