Sunday, September 30, 2012

Namasté

.

 
Namasté

Key Word (s): Namasté
1. A common spoken greeting or salutation originating from India and Nepal, "bowing"
2. An honorable greeting
3. A polite bow of greeting or farewell used by Hindus, made with the hands held at chest height and both palms pressed together

«»·«·.,¸,.»«·.,¸,.»«o»«.,¸,.·»·.,¸,.»·«··.,¸,.·«»·.,¸,.»§«o»§«.,¸,.·«»·.,¸,.··«»·.,¸,.·«·.,¸,.»«o»«·.,¸,.»«.,¸,.·»·«»

The definition of Namasté (pronounced na, ma, stay) is both a physical gesture and a spoken spiritual salutation, which is the recognition of the Divine Spirit (or soul) in another by the Divine Spirit in you.
The word Namaste translates simply to “The divinity in me bows to the divinity in you.”

Namasté Gesture

The acknowledgement of spirit to spirit is represented by placing the hands together in front of your third eye (Third Eye Chakra the center of your head between your eyes) and bowing your head then bringing your hands down in front of your heart (Heart Chakra the center of your chest).

Performing both the Namasté gesture and saying the word Namaste can be done when you greet someone.
Namasté can also be used at the beginning of your meditation to help you go deeper into your divine heart center. By bringing the hands together at the heart chakra you access the flow of divine love and by bowing your head and closing your eyes the mind will more easily let go to the divine spirit of your heart.

Seeing Others

Seeing others through the definition of Namasté will help you to see the true divine spirit in everyone. By doing so you are literally meeting them at the soul level. You look beyond the surface into the true nature of every being.
The God/Goddess within me acknowledges the God/Goddess within you.
The Divine in me recognizes and honors, the Divine in you.
The spirit within me bows to the spirit within you.
I greet that place where you and I are one.
I honor the place in you, which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace.
No matter which interpretation you choose you should think of it as a divine blessing that honors sacredness and equality in everyone.
Author unknown
«»·«·.,¸,.»«·.,¸,.»«o»«.,¸,.·»·.,¸,.»·«··.,¸,.·«»·.,¸,.»§«o»§«.,¸,.·«»·.,¸,.··«»·.,¸,.·«·.,¸,.»«o»«·.,¸,.»«.,¸,.·»·«»
The greeting Namasté has always felt so good to me when I do it. I find myself actually greeting people with the salutation of Namasté with my hands in front of my heart automatically, every time I meet someone new. Sometimes I get a strange look, but most of the time I get a very pleasant warm smile. I can actually feel the warmth of Love flowing from my spirit to the other person’s spirit. We all need to share Love in this and other ways as we come in contact with each other. There is such a great need for Love and recognition. That is why I like the African greeting “I See You” that was used in the movie Avatar.
Here is something I wrote about “I See You” after seeing the movie Avatar a few years ago.
“I See You!” is an ancient African greeting that consciously honors the true presence and oneness of our sisters and brothers. “I See You!” is just as significant a saying as “I Love You!” That is of course when it is spoken from the heart, from within ones spirit consciously and truly. In one of the movies about Nelson Mandela, he says “I See You!” to his wife Winnie Mandela when she visits him in prison. “I See You!” is not a saying that was created for the movie Avatar, as many believe. James Cameron the writer and director of Avatar clearly understands the origin of the saying “I See You!” which is why he used it. I believe he used “I See You!” to try to get as many of us as possible who consciously watched it to understand that we are connected, that we are one with each other, as well as one with the whole of creation. Also to assist us in waking consciously to who we truly are. We are Spiritual Beings of Oneness and Unconditional Love, not of self-centeredness, self-destruction, selfishness, disrespect, and spiritual disharmony.
In the world today, many people do not see, acknowledge, truly recognize, or honor each other. Why has that become our reality? That has become our reality because most of the wealthy people in control throughout the world are so caught up in their intentional isolated surrounding worlds, their wealth, and their self-righteous thought to be large but actually minuscule existence. From what I have gathered, Avatar was actually designed to awaken us to the plight of all of the indigenous people of the world that have been and are being used and abused because of the valuable natural resources their lands possess. The valuable natural resources I speak of also include individual manpower that is transmuted into free slave labor.”
To consciously say Namasté, and do the hand gesture ignites the energy of oneness within us an around us. It is the exact same thing when we consciously say, “I See You!” We need to recognize and honor each other as much as possible. Doing so gives us an additional boost of purpose and meaning during this temporary existence as we sojourn through this dense physical plane, that is chock-full of lessons and adventures, which causes us to remember who we are. When we take the time to acknowledge another, we are saying I love you and see you as being a part of me, a part of the whole of creation in which everything is a part of. We are all Dynamic Spiritual Fragments of Infinite Source, Seeds of The Divine, one with Mother-Father Goddess/God. There is absolutely nothing more magnificent than that. So we must celebrate that oneness through daily conscious actions of Love and recognition. Can you ever be truly loved too much? We are constantly being love every second of every day as we take each breath of air, as our hearts bump blood/life through our veins, as we digest each morsel of food we eat, and as we are given the ability to live consciously. Since we are loved so abundantly, we must likewise love abundantly. One simple but very powerful way to do that is by bowing to and acknowledging the divinity in our sisters and brothers, as well as in all life. Please join me in being an Ambassador of Love and a Namasté Disciple.

Baba-Kundi Ma`at-Shambhala
(SpiritWalker)
09.30.12

This brought to mind the lyrics of the old song, “What The World Needs Now Is Love”, written by Burt Bacharach.
What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of.
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.

Lord, we don't need another mountain,
There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb.
There are oceans and rivers enough to cross,
Enough to last till the end of time.


«»·«·.,¸,.»«·.,¸,.»«o»«.,¸,.·»·.,¸,.»·«··.,¸,.·«»·.,¸,.»§«o»§«.,¸,.·«»·.,¸,.··«»·.,¸,.·«·.,¸,.»«o»«·.,¸,.»«.,¸,.·»·«»

Affirmation:

I greet all my sisters and brothers with the salutation of
Namasté.

I Recognize and See You, We Are One.

So It Eternally Is!

Baba-Kundi Ma`at-Shambhala
(SpiritWalker)
09.30.12




No comments:

Post a Comment